|Warning: Each I-LEAD user needs their own email that isn’t shared with anyone else. I-LEAD accounts aren’t meant to be shared or gifted as they contain personal information & training unique to that user. Failure to follow this rule could result in tangled accounts and incorrect data on consent forms that can't be reversed.|
Submitting IdentoGo Fingerprints
If an educator generates an incomplete status on the license roster, the provider and/or educator will need to submit the fingerprint receipt to the Background Checks Department with OECOSL via firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Steps to Complete Online Consent Form(s)
Consent forms should populate a Begin Consent Form button on your I-LEAD account within 90 days of the license(s) expiration. By completing your annually required consent form, you are authorizing both a state and federal government to conduct the necessary background checks needed to work in a child care setting.
Consent Form Instructions:
- Log in to your I-LEAD account.
- Click the Begin Consent Form button on your I-LEAD Dashboard to start or restart your consent form. Click Edit Consent Form if you returned to continue your progress.
- The Select All valid Providers check box should have a check mark at the top of the page. If not, please click this box to fill it in. This should select all licenses to complete a consent form for.
- Click the Form Information button at the bottom right corner to advance to the next page.
- Complete all available fields in Form Information. Please only enter your personal information on this section. If the name needs adjusted, please change the profile information first before continuing.
- Mobile Users: For those of you using a smartphone, please turn the phone on its side. This should enable landscape mode. It will offer access to the calendar to enter your date of birth and the "Documentation" button to proceed.
- Please disregard the Inkless Transaction Number section.
- Once all fields in Form Information are completed, click "Release Information" to move on. Sign the release form to allow the state to conduct the background check using the information from Form Information and the fingerprint receipt number entered on the previous page.
- Once the release form has been signed, click the Documentation button at the bottom right corner to advance to the next page. Most educators can skip this section. Only minors or those who received a disqualification status on their background checks need to upload documentation. Please view the instructions below for additional guidance:
- Juvenile Educators will need their parent or guardian to assist with their fingerprints, I-LEAD accounts, educator invites, and signatures on the consent form. Please save the progress on the form and click HERE for instructions on how to complete the process for a juvenile.
- Disqualified Educators will receive another "Begin Consent Form" button on the accounts when the individual is flagged as disqualified on the provider's roster. Please redo the consent forms and follow the instructions HERE to complete the resubmission process.
- All other Educators, click "Documentation" and proceed to the next page
- Click the Submit button on the bottom right corner to advance to the next page.
- On the Submit screen, type your first and last name in the Electronic Signature box. Additionally, click on the I Agree To All Terms checkbox (Fig. 5) -Or- For Juveniles, your parent or guardian will need to complete this section on your behalf.
- Finally, click the green Submit button, located at the bottom right of the page.
If the consent form is submitted successfully, a message will appear confirming the submission. You will also be re-routed to the I-LEAD Dashboard where the "Begin Consent Form" button will disappear and the counter will reset to:
"Current consent form expires in 364 days on...[the next expiration date]".
Please complete the consent form annually before the next expiration date.
The button will reappear 90 days before the expiration date.
FAQs and Tips:
- Annual Requirements: Consent forms must be submitted annually to give OECOSL licensing permission to run the background checks needed to clear someone to work in child care
- Consent Status for Providers: The Associated Providers page should show all the licenses someone works for. If any are missing, leave the consent form and ask the provider to send an educator invite to your email for the missing license(s). Then restart the consent form after by clicking "Begin Consent Form" to get the new ones to show once the license shows on the Provider section of your I-LEAD Dashboard
- Mobile Calendar: On Form Information, mobile users will have to use the calendar to accept their date of birth
- Mailing Address: If the mailing address is the same as the person's home address above, then click the box. Otherwise, enter the P.O. Box or alternate mailing address to receive mailing from.
- Previous Address Start Date: Start date means the date you moved into a property
- Previous Address End Date: End Date means the date you moved out of the property
- Date Formats: All date formats must be entered as MM/DD/YYYY
- Remove Incomplete Previous Address Fields: Make sure to only add additional addresses as needed if you've lived somewhere else in the last 5 years; if you no longer need an additional address, click the "Remove Address" button to remove the field and continue
- International Past Residences: Past addresses entered should only be for those that lived within the United States; those who lived at an international address prior aren't required to record this information on the consent form
- Out-of-State Past Residences: Educators who lived in another state within the last 5 years may receive an email from the background checks department directing them to take additional steps to finalize the background checks needed to work in child care. Have them monitor for an email email@example.com submit paperwork giving licensing permission to run the background checks from another state. There may be more than one form attached to the email to fill out if an educator lived in multiple states within the past 5 years. All of them need completed and sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
- Page Won't Load from Form Information: The Documentation button will only light up if all fields are completed on Form Information
- Consent Form Submission Confirmation: The consent form is only sent when the educator reaches the signature page and presses submit, Once its been submitted, the educator will be returned back to I-LEAD home page and the counter at the top will reset stating "Current consent form expires in 364 days on...".
- How Providers Monitor Consent Form Submissions: Providers will see a "Submitted" status instead of "N/A" on their Associated Educator roster for the license once the educator has submitted the consent form
- When to Submit a Consent Form: Only new hires who accepted the educator invites sent to their emails for a child care site, those who within the 90 day renewal period, and those with a Disqualification status will receive a "Begin Consent Form" button to do their consent on I-LEAD
Federal law requires all states to implement state and federal criminal background checks that include fingerprints for child care providers. The comprehensive background check must include a fingerprint check of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) database to ensure that providers do not have a history of convictions that could put children’s health and safety at risk. Notably, the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information System database may not include final dispositions for arrests listed on an individual’s rap sheet. Therefore, it’s critical that employers also conduct local criminal felony and misdemeanor checks to assess if an arrest listed on the FBI’s report resulted in a conviction. Additionally, potential child care providers must be checked to ensure that they are not listed as a sex offender and have not been found to have committed child neglect or abuse.
Need Additional Help?
Please contact the Solution Center at 1-800-299-1627 or email the Solution Center.