|Warning: Each I-LEAD user needs their own email that isn’t shared with anyone else. I-LEAD accounts aren’t meant to be shared or gifted as they contain personal information & training unique to that user. Failure to follow this rule could result in tangled accounts and incorrect data on consent forms that can't be reversed.|
By completing your annually required consent form, you are authorizing both a state and federal government to conduct the necessary background checks needed to work in a child care setting. Fingerprints must be manually added to the consent form and are renewed every 3 years. New and returning educator who receive new fingerprints should include the Applicant TCN located on the Inkless Transaction Number section of the consent form.
Do not start a consent form without your fingerprint receipt.
Incomplete/ Missing Fingerprint TCN
Once the consent form is submitted, it can't be accessed until the next renewal period. If the consent form was submitted without the fingerprint TCN number from Identogo and generates an incomplete status on the license roster, the provider will need to submit the receipt on the employee's behalf. Provider admins, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit the missing fingerprints receipt for your employee.
Steps to Complete Online Consent Form(s)
Consent forms should populate a "Begin Consent Form" button on your I-LEAD account within 90 days of the license(s) expiration. To complete your personal consent form from your I-LEAD account, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to your I-LEAD account.
- Click the Begin Consent Form button on your I-LEAD Dashboard to start or restart your consent form. Click Edit Consent Form if you returned to continue your progress. (Fig. 1)
- The Select All valid Providers check box should have a check mark at the top of the page. If not, please click this box to fill it in. This should select all licenses to complete a consent form for.
- Click the Form Information button at the bottom right corner to advance to the next page. (Fig.2)
- Complete all available fields. Please only enter your personal information on the document. Your fingerprints from Identogo are also needed for this section.
- Enter the 9 digit Applicant TCN # (minus the "i") in the Inkless Transaction Number section (Fig. 3). Fingerprints should be done once every (3) years. If you received new fingerprints the same year as the renewal of the consent, please upload the TCN# with the new consent form.
- Mobile Users: For those of you using a smartphone, please turn the phone on its side. This should enable landscape mode. It will offer access to the calendar to enter your date of birth and the "Documentation" button to proceed.
- Once all fields in Form Information are completed, click "Release Information" to move on. Sign the release form to allow the state to conduct the background check using the information from Form Information and the fingerprint receipt number entered on the previous page.
- Once the release form has been signed, click the Documentation button at the bottom right corner to advance to the next page. Most educators can skip this section. Only minors or those who received a disqualification status on their background checks need to upload documentation. Please view the instructions below for additional guidance:
- Juvenile Educators will need their parent or guardian to assist with their fingerprints, background checks, and signatures on the consent form. Please save the progress on the form and click HERE for instructions on how to complete the process for a juvenile.
- Disqualified Educators will receive another "Begin Consent Form" button on the accounts when the individual is flagged as disqualified on the provider's roster. Please redo the consent forms and follow the instructions HERE to complete the resubmission process.
- All other Educators, click "Documentation" and proceed to the next page (Fig. 4)
- Click the Go To Submit button on the bottom right corner to advance to the next page.
- On the Submit screen, type your first and last name in the Electronic Signature box. Additionally, click on the I Agree To All Terms checkbox (Fig. 5) -Or- For Juveniles, your parent or guardian will need to complete this section on your behalf.
- Finally, click the green Submit button, located at the bottom right of the page.
If the consent form is submitted successfully, a message will appear confirming the submission. You will also be re-routed to the I-LEAD Dashboard where the "Begin Consent Form" button will disappear and the counter will reset to:
"Current consent form expires in 364 days on...[the next expiration date]".
Please complete the consent form annually before the next expiration date.
The button will reappear 90 days before the expiration date.
- Consent forms must be submitted annually to give OECOSL licensing permission to run the background checks needed to clear someone to work in child care
- The consent form is only sent when the educator reaches the signature page and presses submit
- The Associated Providers page should show all the licenses someone works for. If any are missing, leave the consent form and ask the provider to send an educator invite to your email for the missing license(s). Then restart the consent form after by clicking "Begin Consent Form" to get the new ones to show once the license shows on the Provider section of your I-LEAD Dashboard
- On Form Information, mobile users will have to use the calendar to accept their date of birth
- If the mailing address is the same as the person's home address above, then click the box
- Start date means the date you moved into a property
- End Date means the date you moved out of the property
- All date formats must be entered as MM/DD/YYYY
- Make sure to only add additional addresses as needed if you've lived somewhere else in the last 5 years; if you no longer need an additional address, click the "Remove Address" button to remove the field and continue
- The Documentation button will only light up if all fields are completed on Form Information
- Once its been signed and submitted, the educator will be returned back to I-LEAD home page
- Providers will see a "Submitted" status instead of "N/A" on their Associated Educator roster for the license once the educator has submitted the consent form
View Consent Form, Begin Consent Form, & Edit Consent Form (Fig. 1)
Associated Providers List- List of all Providers for a Background Check (Fig. 2)
Form Information- Enter Personal Information & Fingerprint Applicant TCN (Fig. 3)
Release of Information Page- Authorizes OECOSL licensing to conduct the background checks through DCS and the Criminal Justice System (Fig. 4)
Submission Page- Sign and Submit (Fig. 6)
Federal law requires all states to implement state and federal criminal background checks that include fingerprints for child care providers. The comprehensive background check must include a fingerprint check of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) database to ensure that providers do not have a history of convictions that could put children’s health and safety at risk. Notably, the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information System database may not include final dispositions for arrests listed on an individual’s rap sheet. Therefore, it’s critical that employers also conduct local criminal felony and misdemeanor checks to assess if an arrest listed on the FBI’s report resulted in a conviction. Additionally, potential child care providers must be checked to ensure that they are not listed as a sex offender and have not been found to have committed child neglect or abuse.
Need Additional Help?
Please contact the Solution Center at 1-800-299-1627 or email the Solution Center.