|Warning: Each I-LEAD user needs their own email that isn’t shared with anyone else. I-LEAD accounts aren’t meant to be shared or gifted as they contain personal information & training unique to that user. Failure to follow this rule could result in tangled accounts and incorrect data on consent forms that can't be reversed.|
By completing your annually required consent form, you are authorizing both a state and federal government to conduct the necessary background checks needed to work in a child care setting. Fingerprints must be manually added to the consent form and are renewed every 3 years. New and returning educator who receive new fingerprints should include the Applicant TCN located on the Inkless Transaction Number section of the consent form.
Do not start a consent form without your fingerprint receipt.
Incomplete/ Missing Fingerprint TCN
Once the consent form is submitted, it can't be accessed until the next renewal period. If the consent form was submitted without the fingerprint TCN number from Identogo and generates an incomplete status on the license roster, the provider will need to submit the receipt on the employee's behalf. Provider admins, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit the missing fingerprints receipt for your employee.
Steps to Complete Online Consent Form(s)
Consent forms should populate a "Begin Consent Form" button on your I-LEAD account within 90 days of the license(s) expiration. To complete your personal consent form from your I-LEAD account, please follow the steps below.
- Log in to your I-LEAD account.
- Click the Begin Consent Form button on your I-LEAD Dashboard to start or restart your consent form. Click Edit Consent Form if you returned to continue your progress. (Fig. 1)
- The Select All valid Providers check box should have a check mark at the top of the page. If not, please click this box to fill it in. This should select all licenses to complete a consent form for.
- Click the Form Information button at the bottom right corner to advance to the next page. (Fig.2)
- Complete all available fields. Please only enter your personal information on the document. Your fingerprints from Identogo are also needed for this section.
- Enter the 9 digit Applicant TCN # (minus the "i") in the Inkless Transaction Number section (Fig. 3). Fingerprints should be done once every (3) years. If you received new fingerprints the same year as the renewal of the consent, please upload the TCN# with the new consent form.
- Mobile Users: For those of you using a smartphone, please turn the phone on its side. This should enable landscape mode. It will offer access to the calendar to enter your date of birth and the "Documentation" button to proceed.
- Once all fields in Form Information are completed, click the Documentation button at the bottom right corner to advance to the next page. Most educators can skip this section. Only minors or those who received a disqualification status on their background checks need to upload documentation. Please view the instructions below for additional guidance:
- Juvenile Educators will need their parent or guardian to assist with their fingerprints, background checks, and signatures on the consent form. Please save the progress on the form and click HERE for instructions on how to complete the process for a juvenile.
- Disqualified Educators will receive another "Begin Consent Form" button on the accounts when the individual is flagged as disqualified on the provider's roster. Please redo the consent forms and follow the instructions HERE to complete the resubmission process.
- All other Educators, click "Documentation" and proceed to the next page (Fig. 4)
- Click the Go To Submit button on the bottom right corner to advance to the next page.
- On the Submit screen, type your first and last name in the Electronic Signature box. Additionally, click on the I Agree To All Terms checkbox (Fig. 5) -Or- For Juveniles, your parent or guardian will need to complete this section on your behalf.
- Finally, click the green Submit button, located at the bottom right of the page.
If the consent form is submitted successfully, a message will appear confirming the submission. You will also be re-routed to the I-LEAD Dashboard where the "Begin Consent Form" button will disappear and the counter will reset to:
"Current consent form expires in 364 days on...[the next expiration date]".
Please complete the consent form annually before the next expiration date.
The button will reappear 90 days before the expiration date.
View Consent Form, Begin Consent Form, & Edit Consent Form (Fig. 1)
Associated Providers List- List of all Providers for a Background Check (Fig. 2)
Form Information- Enter Personal Information & Fingerprint Applicant TCN (Fig. 3)
Submission Page- Sign and Submit (Fig. 5)
Federal law requires all states to implement state and federal criminal background checks that include fingerprints for child care providers. The comprehensive background check must include a fingerprint check of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) database to ensure that providers do not have a history of convictions that could put children’s health and safety at risk. Notably, the FBI’s Criminal Justice Information System database may not include final dispositions for arrests listed on an individual’s rap sheet. Therefore, it’s critical that employers also conduct local criminal felony and misdemeanor checks to assess if an arrest listed on the FBI’s report resulted in a conviction. Additionally, potential child care providers must be checked to ensure that they are not listed as a sex offender and have not been found to have committed child neglect or abuse.
Need Additional Help?
Please contact the Solution Center at 1-800-299-1627 or email the Solution Center.