As a part of the background check process, an individual who intends on being an applicant, educator, household member, or a volunteer in a child care program is required to submit their fingerprints to both the state and federal government. This process is facilitated through the use of IdentoGO fingerprinting service and recorded during the consent process on I-LEAD as well.
Select one for more information on how to schedule a fingerprint appointment by:
|Phone Scheduling||Online Scheduling|
Fingerprints processed by IdentoGo do not automatically transfer to the state's background check unit of the Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning (OECOSL) licensing. A completed consent form is required on I-LEAD for state's background check unit to have your authorization to process background checks for potential educators, volunteers, household members and admins. This needs filled out as soon as an educator receives it via "Begin Consent Form" in I-LEAD.
When the fingerprinting appointment is completed, IdentoGo will provide the person with a 4x6 receipt (screenshot below). This is your fingerprinting receipt which the educator and admin should keep a copy on file. The educator or admin may submit this to OECOSL via email@example.com for proof of completion.
The Brighter Future Solution Center doesn't have access to your filed fingerprint information.
Please contact IdentoGo directly for assistance if the receipt is lost.
- A consent form gives permission from the educator to the state's background unit to run the background check
- Consent forms are provided electronically to a new hire when they accept an educator invite for a license (multiple invites may be needed before they do their consent form if they work for multiple locations)
- Educators must renew their fingerprints with IdentoGo every 3 years
- Educators are required to have a NEW CONSENT - regardless if I-LEAD shows a current consent if their fingerprints are due for renewal
- If an Educator gets an Incomplete status or FBI pending message on their I-LEAD account, the educator or their admin is responsible to send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of their full FINGERPRINT RECEIPT
- A completed PAPER CONSENT TO RELEASE FORM (acquired through the above email or downloaded via https://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=9465) Source: https://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/family-resources/forms/
- The information will be entered manually for processing by the background check department of OECOSL
- If an educator or the admin does not follow the above process after renewing their fingerprints, regardless of the current status in I-LEAD, their child care program WILL RECEIVE A VIOLATION from OECOSL licensing.