As a part of the background check process, an individual who intends on being an applicant, educator, household member, or a volunteer in a child care program is required to submit their fingerprints to both the state and federal government. This process is facilitated through the use of IdentoGO fingerprinting service and recorded during the consent process on I-LEAD as well. Fingerprinting should be completed prior to completing the consent form in I-LEAD.
Below is IdentoGO's contact information regarding how to schedule an appointment:
*On-line Scheduling Option - Available 24/7:
2. Select the State of Indiana and press GO (Fig 1)
3. Select Digital Fingerprinting (Fig 2)
4. Select Schedule a New Appointment (Fig 3)
5. Select Family and Social Services Administration to select the type of child care program you work for and the role type. Complete the registration until you receive a confirmation email.
(For Registered Ministries you are required to enter an OCA# this would be the first 5 numbers of the registration number) If you require further assistance please contact your licensing consultant.
*Call Center Scheduling Option - Available Mon-Fri 7am – 6pm:
1. Call (877) 472-6917 to speak to an operator.
2. Operators will collect the required information and schedule the Fingerprinting
3. Be sure to have the complete information for the Applicant available when calling
as the Operator will ask for the Agency Name, Applicant Type, Registered Ministry
Number, if applicable, and the Applicant's full name, address, methods of contact
and complete personal demographic information.
When the fingerprinting process is completed, they will provide a 4x6 paper with your information on it. The Applicant TCN # consists of the letter "i" and a nine-digit number. You will only enter the nine numeral digits ONLY following the letter "I" in the Inkless Transaction Number field of your consent form in I-LEAD. (Fig 4).
Please make a copy for you and your employer as this will be good for 3 years and is required during the consent form process.
The Brighter Future Solution Center doesn't have access to your filed fingerprint information.
If you need to retrieve the TCN # at a future date, please contact Identogo directly.