When renewing your program's license or registration with the state, you will need to upload a copy of your Articles of Incorporation/Articles of Organization into I-LEAD as a required document. To obtain a copy of Articles of Incorporation, go to the Indiana Secretary of State Business Page: https://inbiz.in.gov/BOS/PublicSearch/Search and complete the following steps.
- Click on Business Entities -
2. You will be redirected to a search database
3. Search -Type Business Name: (Example) Early Learning Indiana and click search after entering the name
4. Click on the Business ID next to business name to view all detail
You will now see all Entity details
5. Click on Certified Copies Request - Here you will have the option to print or download your Articles free of charge.
6. Select the documents you wish to download – example: Articles of Incorporation
6. When you click on Certified Copies Request, the window below should appear.
- Below is an example of what your document should look like. Do note that your copy could consist of multiple pages.
- Licensed Child Care Centers will only need the Certificate page.
- Unlicensed Child Care Ministries that are religious organizations (only), all pages are needed.
- A Church does need Articles of Incorporation.