|Warning: Each I-LEAD user needs their own email that isn’t shared with anyone else. I-LEAD accounts aren’t meant to be shared or gifted as they contain personal information & training unique to that user. Failure to follow this rule could result in tangled accounts and incorrect data on consent forms that can't be reversed.|
Missing Consent Form
When you are unable to submit a consent form on I-LEAD, it is usually because you are not associated with the child care facility's. This article goes over common reasons why a consent form for one or more licenses is missing. To verify that your I-LEAD account is associated to a license, please check the Providers section of your I-LEAD Dashboard (Fig.1).
New & Returning Staff
Each child care facility you are invited to should be listed under the Search and Reset buttons. A "Begin Consent Form" will appear under the Submit Consent Form section of your dashboard for newly accepted licenses or the consent will appear within 90 days of a license's expiration date. If the consent form is due for your program but is missing, please use the following instructions:
- New Staff: Please contact your provider administrator (usually the director) and request they invite you as an educator for each license you will work for. This action can only be performed by your provider and not by the Brighter Futures Solution Center. Once you receive and accept your emailed invitation, each child care license will be added to the provider section of your I-LEAD Dashboard. You should also have access to a "Begin Consent Form" button. As soon as your fingerprints are available to add to your consent form, please complete, sign, and submit the consent form for the required background check. (Note: Invitations expire in (3) calendar days due to security reasons. Please ask your provider to click "Re-Invite" next to your name on the Invited Educator section so a new educator invite can be sent to your email if it expired.)
- Existing I-LEAD Users: If you completed a consent form in the past for your existing provider(s), you may already be in the I-LEAD system. Please check "View Consent Form" to see when your consent form expires for each license and verify that all the information is correct. When a license is due within 90 days, a "Begin Consent Form" should appear. If you only have an "I am an Educator" button on your I-LEAD Dashboard but have submitted paper consent forms before to your provider, please use it to merge your account with any previously existing consent records in the system. If hire dates or educator types are missing from a license, a consent form button won't appear. To fix this, please contact the provider so they can add the missing information.
Provider Admin Instructions
If your staff member does not have a "Begin Consent Form" button on their I-l-LEAD account, providers need to check their admin I-LEAD account to see if the educator is connected to the license. There are two ways to do this:
Managing Educators Button:
- Click the green Manage Educators button next to the Open a New Program button in the Provider section of the I-LEAD dashboard (Fig. 2).
- Click the View Details button next to the person. This will display each license that the individual is connected to under the Consent Form section of their Educator Details page.
- If a license is missing, please invite them to the missing license(s) using the same email listed under "Registered Users" in the "Username" section. Please verify with the staff member that this is the email they use to log into I-LEAD. Once they accept the invitation, they will need to do their consent form and receive a "Qualified" status to be eligible to work at the new location.
Providers I Administer (View Details Button):
- Click View Details next to the license they're supposed to be connected to (Fig. 3).
- Then scroll down to the Invited Educator section and Associated Educator roster at the bottom of the page.
- The educator should be on the Associated Educator roster if they are connected to the license. If they are missing from both sections, please use the "+Invite Educator" button to add the person to the license.
- If they are listed on the Invited Educator section only, please verify that the email address is correct and that the invitation has a "Pending" status next to it. If it says "Expired", click "Re-Invite" and ask them to check their email for an invitation from email@example.com. The educator will need to login from the invite to connect their account to the license and receive a consent form to immediately fill out.
- If they are listed on the Associated Educator roster only, this means they either have an old paper consent form uploaded from the consultant or they accepted the invitation already. You don't need to re-invite them if the person is listed in this section. Instead, please ask them to login to their I-LEAD account to do their consent form. Please note, educators with missing "Hire Dates" and "Educator types" won't be able to do a consent form or be terminated from the license. Click "Update" to add these missing fields. If an educator is listed as Registered "No", then ask them to login to their account and merge instead.
Educators who have submitted paper consent forms to the consultant or already accepted an emailed educator invitation will be listed on the Associated Educator roster at the bottom of the page. If they don't have access to their annual consent form when they login, please see the following for guidance:
- Incorrect Email in "Invited Educators"- If the invitation in the Invited Educators section is incorrect, delete the invitation and send a new one with the corrected information (Related article: Inviting Staff).
- Incorrect Email/Information in "Associated Educators"- This may be leftover from a paper consent form or tangled educator information. Please do not remove the educator. This will require a correction internally that can't be resolved by removing the individual from the roster. Instead, contact the solution center immediately so the account can be reviewed.
- Merge Issue- If they're on the Associated Educator roster but there's a "No" under Registered, please direct them to MERGE the I-LEAD account using the "I am an Educator" button on their account. Provider admins, please also check Managing Educator Consent Forms to see if they were able to merge and submit their consent forms successfully.
- Missing "Educator Type" or "Hire Dates"- If the person is on your Associated Educator roster but missing their hire dates and educator types, the educator will receive a message when they login that says "One or more of your consent form records is missing a hire date or educator type" (Fig. 4). These educators will also have a "Required" field next to their name on your "Associated Educator" roster also (Fig. 5). To fix this and give the educator access to their consent form, find their name on the roster and then click the "Update". Enter their educator type or their hire date (MM/DD/YYYY). Once the missing information has been added and shows on your roster, the educator may now begin the consent when they login to their I-LEAD account. For anyone who no longer working at the facility, you can also click "Remove" once these fields are entered.
New License: Missing Consent Forms
Educator invitations are only sent to their recipients after the licensing application has been signed and submitted.
If you haven't reached the section of the application that requires a signature and submission, then please continue working on your application. For new licensing applications, the educator invitations may be limited to just those managing the license at first. Verify everyone's emails, legal names, and date of births when entering them to the Educator section of the application. Also select the most appropriate Educator Type. The Educator Types are as listed:
- Volunteer- Unpaid staff assisting with child care program for educational purposes
- Staff- Anyone paid by the child care program to assist with child care services
- Applicant- Title is given to those who manage staff and child care operations. Selecting this option will send an email invitation that gives access to licensing paperwork and staff consent forms. This also provides access to a "Manager" view on Indiana Learning Paths to pull employee training records and certificates. The applicant who signs the attestation paper must also sign the application.
- Household Members- Anyone living in the home where the child care program is operating
If all the information listed in the Educator section is correct, proceed to the last page of the application to sign and submit it. Applications that have been sent will have a "Submitted" in both the Provider Applications section license and on the Application Status section of your I-LEAD dashboard.
Note: New staff and volunteers can be added later through educator invites once the application is in Submitted status.
Need Additional Help?
If additional assistance is needed with a missing consent form or incorrect data, please contact the Solution Center at 1-800-299-1627 or email the Solution Center.
Managing Educator Consent Forms
How To Accept an Educator Invitation
Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please use our support widget to reach the Solution Center or contact us directly at 1-800-299-1627.
Please sign in to leave a comment.