Within an I-LEAD account, there are four possible Educator types. Educator types are used to identify an individual’s role within I-LEAD. The four types are Household Member, Volunteer, Staff, and Applicant.
A household member is any individual who resides in the home of the licensed child care home and is 18 years of age or older.
A person working or assisting in a child care program more than 8 hours a month that is not paid by the program. Interns to your program would be classified as a volunteer.
The Staff role is the most common role assigned to an I-LEAD user. A caregiver/staff is an early childhood professional that is a qualified employee providing direct care and education to children. These individuals are actively employed with the organization and do not volunteer their time.
This Applicant role is reserved for anyone in the Provider Admin section of a license and serves two purposes:
- It identifies who the main contacts are regarding the licensing applications. These individuals are often the directors, owners, pastors/religious leaders, principals, co-applicants, or board members of a child care program. They should each be sent an admin invite to gain access to the staff roster and licensing paperwork. They also must complete a consent form like the rest of the staff. Please note, only the owner for a home, pastor/religious leader for a ministry, and director for a center can fill out the attestation form and sign the last page of the application on I-LEAD from their I-LEAD account.
- It gives provider admins access to the Manager role on the "Start your Indiana Learning Paths" section of I-LEAD. Anyone who has a Registered "Yes" on the roster should have access to the Manager role for the email listed. Please see the "Manager Role: Viewing Staff Certificates"
for more information about the Manager Role.
When completing an initial, update, or renewal application, at least (1) person should be listed as applicant.
Failure to complete this task will result in the inability to submit the application or the consultant sending it back for edits.
Below are the steps to modify an individual’s Educator Type.
- Log into your Provider Admin account.
- Access your site’s View Details
- Scroll down to the Associated Educators section.
- Locate the individual educator that you would like to modify.
- Click the Update button, located to the right of their name.
- Utilize the dropdown box under Educator Type to select the appropriate role.
- Click the green Update button to save your selection.
Should you have any additional questions, please visit brighterfuturesindiana.org/ilead to access additional help articles and contact support.
Managing Educator Consent Forms
Please sign in to leave a comment.