To Access Training on I-LEAD:
- Login to your I-LEAD account.
- Click “Start your Indiana Learning Paths”. (Fig. 1)
- Select Training Catalog.
- Click Courses.
- Scroll over to Categories (Right) or type in the name of your course.
Most courses are in alphabetical order or can be searched by name/keyword in the Search Bar.
Types of Training:
There are (3) kinds of lessons available online that generate certificates/ credit hours:
- Online- These courses can be taken at any time. Just click the REGISTER/START and then click any links under Course Materials to begin the coursework.
- Live Webinars- These courses require prior registration before attending the virtual classroom on the specified date and time. Click REGISTER/START to enter your name and I-LEAD email address. A verification email will be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm registration. On the day of the course, all registered users will receive an email with a link to join the class.
Note: To receive credit, the person who registered for the Live Webinar Registration on their individual I-LEAD account must be present at the time of the live presentation, for the entire class and must complete all coursework. Certificates will be issued to the owner of the I-LEAD account by the instructor within 48 hours. Multiple educators must each sign up with their own personal I-LEAD account. Some live webinars will also post a video link for those who wish to review the content for the course on their own. Watching a previously recorded Webinar video will not issue a certificate - you will only receive a certificate for attending a live webinar. A previously recorded webinar is only for informational purposes.
- Face-to-Face- Prior to 2020, there were several courses that could be registered to go to a physical location for training. Currently, all coursework can be completed virtually without the need to go in. Should this change, this section will be updated with new instructions.
*To view which kind of course and credit hours the course is worth, please click the "Flip more" button for more detail.
Opening a Child Care Program
Provider Admins/ New Licensing Orientation Training:
New provider admins interested in starting a child care program should do the Orientation 1 & 2 training (OT 1 & OT 2). The training goes over the rules and regulations for starting a child care program. Orientation 1 goes over basic rules. Orientation 2 is split up into three different lessons depending on the type of program you're interested in establishing:
- Orientation 1: Training for Child Care Providers
- Orientation 2: Training for Child Care Centers
- Orientation 2: Family Child Care Home Licensing Training
- Orientation 2: Unlicensed Registered Child Care Ministry
Select the Orientation 2 training for the type of license you're considering. The requirements manual and checklist are combined under the first document for download in the "Resources" section of the module. The instructions to complete the license on I-LEAD is also available for download or click the Open a New Program button on your I-LEAD dashboard to begin the application process.
Staff/ Provider Admin Training:
Anyone new to licensing or working for a child care program can click the "Mandatory" category to find the starting coursework needed to enter child care services.
Legally licensed-Exempt Programs (LLEP) can skip the OT 1 & OT2 training and go directly to the licensing application on the I-LEAD dashboard. LLEPs are only available to providers with 5 or fewer unrelated children. Any program that has 6 or more children enrolled will have to be licensed.
Staff Training for Working at a Child Care Program:
- Introduction to the NEW Indiana Early Learning FOUNDATIONS – online
- Child Abuse – online (Required Annually, retake no earlier than 30 days before the certificate expiration date, and take the one from the Courses section instead of in My Certificates)
- Universal Precautions – online or live webinar
- Safe Sleep 1 & 2 online (Required Once)
- Health and Safety Series – 4 separate modules-take all 4 – online:
- Indiana’s Introduction to the Early Childhood and Out of School Learning Profession - Online Course - Module 1 - Child Development
- Indiana’s Introduction to the Early Childhood and Out of School Learning Profession - Online Course Module 2 - Health
- Indiana’s Introduction to the Early Childhood and Out of School Learning Profession - Online Course - Module 3 - Safety
- Indiana’s Introduction to the Early Childhood and Out of School Learning Profession - Online Course- Module 4 - Child Development (School Age)
*These courses are required to enter child care services. Most are only required to be taken once. Only those with a Certificate Expiration date in My Certificates can be redone. Please wait until the day after the Certificate Expiration date to redo those courses.
Troubles Logging Into Indiana Learning Paths?
For those unable to automatically connect to Indiana Learning Paths or having issues accessing this segment of the website, please use the following steps to continue:
- Go back and re-click "Start your Indiana Learning Paths". The website should automatically connect once this step is done.
- Download and use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your internet browser.
- Clear cookies and cached images for your device.
- Mobile users: Please switch to a computer/laptop as some components of the lesson may not work on certain mobile devices.
*Note: If you haven't created an Access Indiana account yet and merged with your records, this login page will not let you in. Please got to access.in.gov to get started. (Use this step-by-step guide: https://www.in.gov/access/getting-started.html).