Updating Your License on I-LEAD
Provider Admins have the ability to make certain changes to their applications in I-LEAD. These changes include altering the program name, becoming a CCDF voucher participant, changing the childcare hours, switching the contact information for the child care facility, modifying the age groups cared for, and more.
If you’re a provider admin for your child care and have been notified to do a change by your consultant to make changes to your license or would like to update your licensing criteria, please follow the steps below.
Name Changes of Home Providers
Home Licenses that need to make applicant name changes on their license(s) should contact their consultant (click here)and submit proof of the name change instead of submitting an update application. Items used as proof might include (if applicable):
- Birth certificate
- Court paperwork
- Divorce paperwork
- Immigration paperwork
- New marriage license certificate
- Updated state identification or driver's license
- Updated Social Security Number (SSN)
WARNING: Do not select NEW on the "Change Application Type" button.
This is only selected if:
This will also start the steps for creating an entirely new license number for the facility and is irreversible on I-LEAD.
Instructions for an Update Application:
- Login to I-LEAD.
- Scroll down to the Providers section on the I-LEAD dashboard.
- Select the child care program you wish to make minor changes to and click View Details.
- Review and verify that all associated educators have a current consent or has a recent consent form submitted date. If not, please ask staff to access the I-LEAD accounts they created and do their annually required consent form. For those missing from the Associated Educator roster, please invite them so they can do their consent.
- The owner of the home, the director of a center, and the pastor/religious leader of a ministry should be on the Provider Admin section. If they aren't, please ask them to create an account and send them an admin invite. They should also have a consent form on file in the Associated Educator roster with a recent Submitted Date (if applicable). If not, send them an educator invite with an educator type of "Applicant" that they will need to accept. They will need to submit a consent form once they've accepted the invite and have a "Begin Consent Form" button.
- Click Start Application once all the staff and provider admins have completed their annually required consent forms.
- At the bottom of the page, click Change Application Type.
- Select Update, then click Change, and then click Save. The paragraph above the application on the first page should clearly state “UPDATE” if the correct option was made.
- Finally, edit the fields on the application and submit it using the instructions below.
Completing an Update Application on I-LEAD
There are 4 sections on the update application:
- Information- There are 3 tabs that need to be completed before you continue. The tab you're looking at will be highlighted in green and the others tabs will be in gray until you click on them:
- Application Details for changes to facility name and services at the program
- Applicant Details for provider admin name changes and household changes
- Provider Details for contact information/hours/age group changes
- Documentation- Most will skip this section unless the daycare is becoming a CCDF eligible site. If you are required to submit documents, please click here for access to the information.
- Educators- Reflects the current roster for your license. Make sure "Applicant" is identified before starting the application by clicking "Update" next to the person. Once in the application, please also delete all Invited Educator invites for people that are already on the Associated Educator roster or no longer work for the child care program. Keep everyone still working for the child care program on the Associated Educator roster. Those who are removed from the Associated Educator roster will be added to the Terminated Educator list. This will remove them from the application and your initial staff roster for the license. The invitations leftover will be sent out to new staff or missing staff from the Associated Educator roster on the application.
- Submit- Should be signed and submitted by the Applicant. The attestation statement and signature should be signed by the owner for a home, the director for a center, or the pastor or religious leader for a ministry. If these individuals aren't on the provider admin section of your license, please send them an admin invitation so they can accept and sign the application. Please note they will also need an educator invite too so they can complete an annually required consent form. Please verify their email and send the invite on the previous "Educator" page if this applies for your situation.
|Note: The application won't send if the signing "Applicant" isn't listed on the Educator section or if the Associated Roster in the application doesn't match the Associated Educator roster on the license. After the original roster is cleaned up and all consent forms are submitted, please refresh the application if an error occurs during submission. Review the application to verify changes stayed on the application before submission.|
If the application was successfully submitted for Update, the “Start Application” or “Edit Application” button will be changed to a “View Application” button on the admin page. It will also change the status on the PROVIDER APPLICATIONS section from “Draft” to “Submitted” and show the date your application type was sent.
Please notify your consultant of any changes submitted on I-LEAD regarding your application.
Please monitor your email and the "Provider Details" page to see if you receive any messages from your consultant. If an application requires a change, a consultant note will be added to the Provider Information box next to Provider Admins. The application may also be in "Edit" mode in the Provider Application section. Consultants will normally schedule an in-person inspection for of the premises once all consent forms and licensing paperwork are completed online. Renewed licenses are approved once all requirements are met and the new expiration date show on the I-LEAD Dashboard.
Consultant Map: https://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/become-a-child-care-provider/facilities-consultants/
Need Additional Help?
Please contact the Solution Center at 1-800-299-1627 or email the Solution Center.
Refreshing the Educator Roster in Provider Applications
Documentation for Applications
Quick Start Guide: Provider/Care Administrator
How to accept a Provider Admin invitation
How To Accept an Educator Invitation
Managing Educator Consent Forms
Renewal Applications on I-LEAD
How to obtain a copy of Articles of Incorporation / Articles of Organization
Please sign in to leave a comment.