“Incomplete”- An "Incomplete" consent status can generate due to several factors:
- Inconsistent Data: The name on a consent form didn't match the individual's legal name
- Missing/ Incorrect Fingerprints: The FBI fingerprint receipt via IdentoGo was never submitted. Send a copy of the recipt given at the end of the appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pending Disqualification: An individual could be marked as Incomplete while the result of a pending disqualification which needs resolved with email@example.com.
- Previous Out-of-State Resident: Educators who lived in another state within the last 5 years may receive an email from the background checks department directing them to take additional steps to finalize the background checks needed to work in child care. Have them monitor for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to submit paperwork giving licensing permission to run the background checks from another state. There may be more than one form attached to the email to fill out if an educator lived in multiple states within the past 5 years. All requests need completed and sent back to the email@example.com email for processing.
Typically those with an incomplete status will receive a letter within 7-10 business days to indicate the reason. Please contact the Background Checks Department with OECOSL via firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions on what needs submitted if you didn't receive the letter within that time frame.
Important Notice for Child Care Provider & Staff:
- A consent form gives permission from the educator to the state's background unit to run the background check
- Consent forms are provided electronically to a new hire when they accept an educator invite for a license (multiple invites may be needed before they do their consent form if they work for multiple locations)
- Educators must renew their fingerprints with IdentoGo every 3 years
- Educators are required to have a NEW CONSENT - regardless if I-LEAD shows a current consent if their fingerprints are due for renewal and should email that consent to email@example.com
- If an Educator gets an Incomplete status or FBI pending message on their I-LEAD account, the educator or their admin is responsible to send to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A copy of their full FINGERPRINT RECEIPT
- A completed PAPER CONSENT TO RELEASE FORM (acquired through the above email or downloaded via https://forms.in.gov/Download.aspx?id=9465) Source: https://www.in.gov/fssa/carefinder/family-resources/forms/
- The information will be entered manually for processing by the background check department of Office of Early Childhood and Out-of-School Learning (OECOSL)
- If an educator or the admin does not follow the above process after renewing their fingerprints, regardless of the current status in I-LEAD, their child care program could RECEIVE A VIOLATION from OECOSL licensing
Need Additional Help?
Please contact the Solution Center at 1-800-299-1627 or email the Solution Center.
Please sign in to leave a comment.