Occasionally when someone changes the email on their Access Indiana account, you may receive one of the following issue messages when you attempt to go to I-LEAD:
"Authentication Failed- Username is already associated with another user.
Unauthorized: Authentication failed or the user does not have permissions for the requested operation."
"We are unable to authenticate you based on your account information. You may need to contact your application administrator to resolve this issue."
Description: User not registered"
Back to Home
This is likely because the email that was changed via "Change Email" on access.in.gov is an email that belongs to another Access Indiana account saved in the system. To fix this, please do the following:
- Go back to Access Indiana
- Click "Change Email Address".
- Enter your current password and the previous email connected to the account.
- Then press "Continue".
- A "Verification Code" section will come up. Keep this page up and open a new tab to check your inbox of the email you're attempting to change it to.
- You should receive an email from email@example.com with a verification code. Copy this number and go back to Access Indiana to enter it.
- Once the code has been entered, click the green "Continue" button.
- The information will be updated in your profile.
- To access the other account, find the blue "Sign Out" button at the top of your screen.
- Then click "Sign In To Access Indiana".
- Enter the email you wanted to change your account to on the "Email" line and press "Continue".
- Then click "Reset your Access Indiana Password".
- Keep this page open but go to your email inbox in another tab or window.
- Check the email inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a verification code.
- Enter the email in the "Verification Code" section and press "Continue".
- It should take you to the password section where you'll enter a password with minimum 8 characters, have upper and lower letters, numbers, and symbols. Enter the password twice and press continue. (If you get a message that there is no account with this email, please go back to the other page and click "Don't have an Access Indiana Account?". Follow this step-by-step to create the email and sync with your licensing information: https://www.in.gov/access/getting-started.html)
- Once you have your new password to the account, click "Services" in the upper right hand corner and find I-LEAD on the list of services (4 down, 3 across). You can also search for it using Search Services by typing in "FSSA" or "I-LEAD". Select the one that says "I-LEAD: Family and Social Services Administration". You can also go directly to I-LEAD to access the website from the same browser.
- Once you've gone to I-LEAD, it should automatically take you to your I-LEAD Dashboard.